“If you build it, they will come.” We’re talking about lawyers and not ball players, of course, and perhaps no other industry relies on the services of lawyers more than the construction industry and arguably no other area of trial law is as challenging.
Construction litigation involves numerous parties, experts grappling over technical details and construction schedules, and witnesses both lay and expert – as colorful and varied as the multiple contracts that joined the parties together in the first place.
Capua Law brings to the table an array of experiences from the enormously complex – a $400 Million dispute over the construction of floating oil platforms based in Rio di Janeiro – to the more common defective workmanship and delay claims between residential and commercial owners and contractors.
We bring the benefit of that experience to our clients through the wide range of construction-related services we provide.
- Site testing + assessment
- Land sale negotiation + contracting
- Negotiation and drafting of contractor and subcontractor agreements
- Negotiation and revision of AIA, ConsensusDOCS, FIDIC, and other standard form agreements
- Contract management
- Construction defect
- Change orders
- Wrongful termination
- Delays and differing site conditions
- Design defects
- Billing and invoicing claims
- US and International Arbitration
- North Carolina
- Licensing Boards
Training + Education
- On-site risk management training